+ Recent Posts
+ The Clearwater Trip 2005
+ Things you learn from TV
+ Rock Star: Supernova
+ Goodbye Steve Irwin
+ My Merdeka
+ What I Am...
+ Double Visions II
+ Some things you miss...
+ This Is War...
+ Selling like cold cakes

+ Archives
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007

+ Tagboard
-->

+ More About Me
About Mike
My Email: my_precious_o@yahoo.com
My Friendster
My Multiply

+ Friends' Blogs
Hueyyi's Life & Times
Cherie:Hottie Diaries
Destination Dina
Sharon's Happy Corner
Sel's Fairytale
Seng the Saint
The King(ton) of Bites
Alesha's Purple Mysteries
Afi's Burning Motels

+ Bloggers Blogs
Izzie The Writer
Skyler Diver
Ivan's Tale
Chloe the Purple Girly
Angelic Kelz
The Next Kelly Clarkson

+ Popularer Bloggers' Blogs
Kenny Sia
Xiaxue Blog Princess
Mr Brown Town
Mr Miyagi's Very Own Glob
Adam Curuthers
Minishorts
Joel "Rambo" Tan
Jasiminne The Penguin

+ Search This Blog


+ Advertorials

Thursday, October 05, 2006 : Inner and Outer Beauty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike says:
Chiak: Wtf?! OU So empty wan...
Myself: What talk you. Bloody gila banyak people la.
Chiak: No hot chicks at all today la!!!
Myself: All studying for PMR leh...

... I need not say more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so anybody who knows me personally or in real life can tell you that I'm in no position to talk about beauty- inner or outer.
The reason for that is when I start talking about outer beauty, as in the physical of it, I can get pretty shallow. And I mean pretty like I think Denise Richards is pretty. As for inner beauty though, even a saint wouldn't have what it takes to have the inner beauty.

Having said that, what is outer beauty?
Is it this?


Or is it this?


Or would you tell me that both are physically beautiful.
In my honest opinion, I'll tell you that both are only OK. Think I'm shallow now?

But give me a minute.
Now let me ask, what is inner beauty?

Would you say that a girl- who's missing half a breast, has one ear bitten off in a rabid stray dog attack and the other ear completely burnt off while in primary school after a freak accident involving methane gas and an out of control Bunsen burner- is still beautiful if she let's you sleep over at her place if you, let's say, were picked up on the street, then got mugged and dropped off at some random place you've never been.

Honestly, I wouldn't think she's beautiful even though she has a heart of gold, though I might think she'd peep on you in the shower.


Inner beauty so what? Still a peeping tom...

Honestly now, the truth is, I don't believe in outer or inner beauty.
In my opinion there is only one beauty- and that is beauty itself.

To me, beauty is only classified when a person is both attractive in looks, and also has a golden personality.
In Ah Beng talk, that means that outer beauty and inner beauty make beauty lor. If one hai gone, then kenot call beauty anymore leh. Understeng anot?

By now I bet that you readers are really calling me shallow but come on lah, how often have you been attracted to a hot girl or guy who always calls you names and has only the most malicious thoughts in mind 24/7.
And how often are you attracted to a person who's not exactly a pretty sight but is there when you need him or her, and in most cases, is also usually there when you don't need him or her around in which that person will become more annoying than anything else.

Please don't start with that love is blind bullshit, because there needs to exist some kind of attraction before love developes but that is another post for another day.
But when we look on the physical side, as long as the person who has that heart of gold is not a torture to the eyes (it doesnt matter how hot or good looking), then that is beauty.


No heart of gold? Buy one!

In the press, the most overused word I've ever come across is the word 'beautiful' especially when it is intended to celebrities, certain ones.

Some magazines pointed out that Paris Hilton is beautiful.
Like yeah she's beautiful, just like how my ass is the most exclusive pay-per-view on tv.
Then there's also the tabloids and the press that frequently label Lindsey Lohan as beautiful.
Yes, she has the most piercing green eyes and yes she's pretty easy on the eyes but unfortunately for everybody else, that's the most you can admire about her.

The only celebrity so far whom I think is worthy of that word is Charlize Theron. Now she is beautiful because she's a complete hottie plus she puts others before herself but I'm not here to give a moral talk so I shall shy away from the specifics.


Charlize Theron- looks, body, brains, commitment, heart- beauty.

Enough examples though, my point here is the word 'beautiful' is as frequently overmisused in the press as the word 'slut' is used among us teenagers and school children.

Honestly, being my shallow self I've encountered many people who're stunningly pretty, in ways that only my tongue freezes and my nose automatically breaks by itself, but I wouldn't say they're beautiful.
And then again, there are people whom I've met in life that have been so nice to me and I will never forget them even until the day, but not every one of them is someone I'd call beautiful.

But no lah, I'm not so shallow to an extent that I've never met any real beautiful people at all.
I have met plenty... well, perhaps not plenty, but I've met as many as I can count on my fingers and toes.

One such person is Cher.


Yeah, she's like one of the nicest people I know, but at the same time pretty good to stare at.
Sorry Adrian, but she's the best example I could find.

Another such person I've met (maybe not met but have 'met') is Marion Raven.
Yeahlah, throw at me whatever comment you have about personality and looks... but when she was with M2M, and was invited into the htz.fm radio studio to meet the fans (in which I was one of them who called up), she certainly knows how to make a first impression.

And since M2M split, she's been becoming prettier ever since.
And when she came back to Malaysia and went into the hitz.fm studios again, guess who was one of the fans who called up again.

Bling! Second impression...
Of course I didn't expect her to remember me but damn she was still the sweet nice girl I talked to a couple of years back.


Marion Raven: Real Beauty

Unless she appears in the newspaper for beating up the paparazzi or drunk driving, she is one celebrity whom I view as beautiful.

I can't really say here who else is beautiful or who's not because being Malaysian, you have a tendancy of being accused of liking that person if you call them pretty or beautiful or whatever.
Cher is the only exception I made because well, I needed one example didn't I? And what better example than the best example?

Well, I probably should end the topic here stressing that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but true beauty lies in both the heart and the physical.
So don't bother me anymore on this topic.

As for the minority of you people who are jealous that I got to talk to M2M and Marion Raven, it's all right I understand how you feel after missing the opportunity to talk to other celebrities.
And hell, if you're one of those M2M fans that misses their squeeky whiney voices, then go listen to Simple Plan- it's all the same.
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Kington said...

Wah brudder mike!! DAHM SHALLOW WEIH.

I think it's time you meet a few girls that I know.

Amazing people that defy your definition of beautiful.

October 07, 2006 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. What I meant was beauty to me is when the person is both appreciated inside and outside. Having said that, as long as the person looks good and has a good heart that's beauty and nothing extreme.

October 08, 2006 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

--------------------------------------