+ Recent Posts
+ Things you learn from TV
+ Rock Star: Supernova
+ Goodbye Steve Irwin
+ My Merdeka
+ What I Am...
+ Double Visions II
+ Some things you miss...
+ This Is War...
+ Selling like cold cakes
+ MikeDotOrg on Bolehland

+ Archives
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007

+ Tagboard
-->

+ More About Me
About Mike
My Email: my_precious_o@yahoo.com
My Friendster
My Multiply

+ Friends' Blogs
Hueyyi's Life & Times
Cherie:Hottie Diaries
Destination Dina
Sharon's Happy Corner
Sel's Fairytale
Seng the Saint
The King(ton) of Bites
Alesha's Purple Mysteries
Afi's Burning Motels

+ Bloggers Blogs
Izzie The Writer
Skyler Diver
Ivan's Tale
Chloe the Purple Girly
Angelic Kelz
The Next Kelly Clarkson

+ Popularer Bloggers' Blogs
Kenny Sia
Xiaxue Blog Princess
Mr Brown Town
Mr Miyagi's Very Own Glob
Adam Curuthers
Minishorts
Joel "Rambo" Tan
Jasiminne The Penguin

+ Search This Blog


+ Advertorials

Sunday, October 01, 2006 : The Clearwater Trip 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike says:
I went to watch Jackie Chan's latest film today, Rob-B-Hood, and I gotta say it's been a freaking long while since I've laughed that hard, since my last regular sitcom was Friends which stopped airing on Star World last year...
Totally recommend you to watch it even if you don't understand chinese ( such as I, the banana )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been tempted to blog on this a while back when my popularity was at it's peak- which wasn't very popular, but more popular than now nonetheless- but I was afraid this would be one of those posts that would be overlooked by most readers.

I say that because this isn't exactly the most entertaining post that everyone would give a hairy baby's ass about... which is exactly the reason why I'm blogging about it now, when my readers are either too lazy to give a comment or are mad at me and therefore are boycotting my blog or simply because I'm not as funny anymore.

Either that or people feel discouraged to read my blog anymore because of the review given to me by Bolehland- which is now dead btw, so hear me laugh in your face.
My apologies, but after all, your rating didn't sit too well with me and I was a bit offended purely because my videos and sense of humour didn't get me any credit at all while I got my apparent rating from my camwhore habits, which have watered down now in conjunction with the up and coming exams.
So once again, hear me laugh at you, Bolehland.

Ha...

But I heavily digress.
Point is, I'm blogging about a subject now that noone would care to read and I don't expect to get many comments (or any comments at all). The reason why I'm blogging about this is for my own personal enjoyment- kinda like masturbation. Only I don't let just anybody watch me jack off unlike this blog which is free for you readers to view. But I digress again.


So anyway, during the end of November last year I decided to organise a road trip for my mates and I to go up to Clearwater in Ipoh for a lil R&R.
And no, this wasn't some homosexual plan to ram any of their asses with my pogo stick, but thank you for your kind consideration for my friends who are all walking fine and show no signs of hemorhoids or piles or enlarged assholes.


MK land, The Handsome One, Amir and Chiak

So yes, in other words, we weren't playing gay.

Anyway, since we were all 16 and none of us, naturally, didn't have a driver's license, we had to depend heavily on other means of transport to get there- such as the bus and taxi.


Dei! It says bas dan lori saja la!

Now the bus is a bitch.
I'm saying that because a normal trip to Ipoh would take, say, one half to two hours, but the bus took three.
But I guess I can't really complain since my friends and I were the ones making a bloody lot of noise pissing the rest of the passengers off.

So long story short, we arrived at Medan Gopeng by bus and went to Clearwater by taxi. Plus, we didn't make alot of friends...


Now if you've never heard of Clearwater Sanctuary before, I'd say you're either too high class a sod to know that this was one of the most entertaining resorts in the country and used to have many people queueing up just to spend one night there in a Bali-themed haven.

But alas, with the problem of maintanence and the sprouting of other better resorts in the country, Clearwater had been relegated to the past tense of greatness.
No longer had Clearwater the attraction to make it Golfcourse of The Year three years running, no.

Now what is left of Clearwater that still has many people coming is the amazing scenery from dawn til dusk, and not the other way around. Mosquittoes, you know.


Anyway, the reason why I was so literal in the past few paragraphs is because of one reason and one reason only, my sister's mother's husband's wife's mother's sister's husband owns the place, which is being runned by his son's brother.
Plus I'm hoping to be quoted on their website, but I shouldn't hope too much after I criticised it after I complimented it... I should be expecting a slap instead.

But yes, I guess I do feel a little biased to compliment the place even if it is quite torn down now.
Note though, that I may have exagerated on the word 'quite'


Anyway I digress again.
After showing my friends a first hand guided tour of the place, we were checked into our rooms and decided to plan our next two days over there- we ended up playing the PS2, which we brought, most.

Resident Evil 4 is addictive, mind you.


But yeslah we did do the usual resort activities that you usually do on vacation-swimming, fishing, tennis, shocking the living testicles out of your friends by dangerously driving a resort buggie.
You know, the usual.

I guess this trip isn't much for me to blog about, just alot for me to rant though.
I will, however, blog about our fishing eventhough we didn't even catch one fish.


After the instructor taught us how to fish, we found one perfectly strategic plot of land to cast our lines and patiently wait for the fish.
But as I said earlier, I caught nothing. We caught nothing.


"Strategic" fishing spot...

Maybe it was our loud laughter that scared the fish away, maybe it was the 'strategic' spot, maybe bread wasn't really the best bait to use, or just maybe we weren't patient enough to wait for something to bite the hook.

But to make up for that, the scenery was hella worth it.


It didn't matter, we had a lot of fun pretending to fish anyway.

So yes lah the trip, as you can say, was a bit disappointing especially with the renovation of the futsal court.
But you can never take the football away from the footballers, so we did play anyway- in front of the chalets.


But the disappointing trip didn't disappoint us all to much because, well, our jokes (and Resident Evil 4) kept us sane through the two days.

I remember one joke in particular when I told MK Land about the economy class bus ticket that we bought for the departure and return.

He was sceptical that even buses had classes so he said,
"Wah, even buses got classes ah? So how front do we have to be to change from Economy to Business?...

...Then for first class, how? Sit on the driver's lap ah?"

~*~*~*~*
Oh and btw, don't feel discouraged from visiting that place because the maintanence has probably been completed by now and the four of us probably went during the wrong part of the year anyway. I mean, it's still one of the best golf courses around.
Plus, I'm pretty confident that there'll be plenty of topless chicks sunbathing by the pool when you go, so go!

And damnit, if you do go bring a camera and send me some pictures (of the topless chicks, not yourself... unless you're a topless chick >=] )
 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didnt even c a girl(ugly/hot/fat/skinny/transvestite/what evevr) dat is aged <20 when we were there........

October 02, 2006 12:06 AM  
Blogger Kington said...

LOL!!!!!

Watch me strip naked.......

sexy back.......

October 02, 2006 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chiak, we just went during the wrong time of the year... most of them probably rather shop or were studying for their O levels or something.

and Kington, save that for the strip club..

October 02, 2006 12:36 PM  
Blogger Merv Kwok said...

I'm rather amazed at how one review can dent your popularity by so much. Are you certain it's the review? Have you taken an unbiased online poll to factor in all the opinions of your readers?

But seriously speaking, if your popularity waned because of one 'bad' review on your blog, then it goes to show that your readers are petty and weren't loyal to your blog to begin with. Taking that into account, why be petty in return? I'd be happy to trade 10 non-loyal readers for 1. Unless of course numbers boost your vanity and self confidence in which case, I have nothing to say.

So if you're concerned about your popularity and getting a good review, I recommend you get reviewed by Italk2much.com. They'll probably give you a good review and they're a good popularity raiser.

As for Bolehland, we don't laugh back at you as we don't think it's a very nice thing to do to people. However, we are still puzzled at how it could hurt your popularity since everyone else we reviewed got a surge of hits instead.

But I'll leave you to speculate on that. You seem rather good at it anyway.

October 04, 2006 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

--------------------------------------