+ Recent Posts
+ What I Am...
+ Double Visions II
+ Some things you miss...
+ This Is War...
+ Selling like cold cakes
+ MikeDotOrg on Bolehland
+ Romando vs Selatan
+ No more long hair...
+ A more meaningful banner...
+ Time to get a haircut

+ Archives
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007

+ Tagboard
-->

+ More About Me
About Mike
My Email: my_precious_o@yahoo.com
My Friendster
My Multiply

+ Friends' Blogs
Hueyyi's Life & Times
Cherie:Hottie Diaries
Destination Dina
Sharon's Happy Corner
Sel's Fairytale
Seng the Saint
The King(ton) of Bites
Alesha's Purple Mysteries
Afi's Burning Motels

+ Bloggers Blogs
Izzie The Writer
Skyler Diver
Ivan's Tale
Chloe the Purple Girly
Angelic Kelz
The Next Kelly Clarkson

+ Popularer Bloggers' Blogs
Kenny Sia
Xiaxue Blog Princess
Mr Brown Town
Mr Miyagi's Very Own Glob
Adam Curuthers
Minishorts
Joel "Rambo" Tan
Jasiminne The Penguin

+ Search This Blog


+ Advertorials

Friday, September 01, 2006 : My Merdeka
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike says:
Oh damn. My blog's popularity is falling apart. Can't you readers give me some support and continue to contribute your comments? =(
More comments = makes blogging so much more bearable and fun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know about you lot, but I had a terrible Independance Day.
Well, for one I celebrated the eve of Independance at home alone- and I do really mean alone as in noone was online because everyone was out celebrating it.


But that is still okay...
...because I had planned a futsal match the next day between my team The Maniacs, against Forca, the Hawks and some of my Nyatoh classmates.
To make the games even more patriotic, we were to dress our team in our Malaysian cultural colours- red (maniacs), blue (forca), yellow (nyatoh) and white (hawks)

Well, that was my idea, shared with a couple of other guys, before Jae (the captain of Forca) and Les (Hawk's captain) had to pull out because they forgot their teams were scheduled to play each other on the big field that evening (!!!!)

So yeah, I didn't even manage to pass my idea to wear the patriotic colours on to any of them. =(


Stevie G plays for Selangor?

But that is still ok...
...because the game was still gonna commence anyway although not as exciting or patriotic.
But it's still a futsal match nonetheless which is still fun.
So yeah, the 10 of us were still excited.

Then, misfortune struck once again, and Chiak came down with a serious case of food allergy (fucking abelone) and had to pull out. So that meant our group was uneven with 9 people.


LOST: One down with food allergy, nine remain

But that was still ok...
...because Sam* called Nick* to fill in Chiak's gap.
Furthermore, Nick could drive so we didn't have to take a taxi to the futsal court.
Of course I still wanted to take a taxi but since Don and Sam are so kiam siap, I had to bare with their demands.

But the shitty thing was, Nick came 30 minutes late! By then we were already late for the match.
Futsal courts need to be booked, btw. I booked the court from 4 to 5 and it was already 4.20 when he came.

To make things worse...or better... Nick drove his car like a character from Grand Theft Auto.
I mean, of course we got there much faster than we could've but immagine my reaction (think holding on to my seat, door, safety belt and balls) when he cut between two cars on a two lane road.


Grand Theft Auto: Kuala Lumpur

But that is still ok...
... though I would have rather he be 40 minutes late and drive at a normal rate, than be stuck in a damn traffic jam caused by the number of cars waiting to go into One Utama then speeding the rest of the way like the CIA was coming after us.

All in all, we arrived there with only 20 minutes of futsal to play but still had to pay the full price.
You think your Independance Day was good? Well good for you.
You think your Independance Day was shitty, go fuck yourself. Mine was worse!

Oh and btw, it rained cats, dogs, frogs and logs that evening so Forca and Hawks never took to the field either. (!!!!)
*Names were changed to protect my privacy. Just in case these two guys are in trouble with some kind of gang, you won't have to find me for interogation.

~*~*~*~*~

Oh btw, with Kennysia and The Star Online coming up with patriotic quizes in conjunction with Independance Day, I thought I'd do something unoriginal and come up with my own quiz.

Unfortunately though, my lack of IT skills and knowledge doesnt allow me to do it here so please come to this page to do my version of the quiz.

...and tell me your results when you're done.
 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey come to think of it, a GTA:Kuala Lumpur is a good idea.

September 02, 2006 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weeee!! I'm Amber Chia!! Pity you for havin such a lousy national day eve. hmm. why didn u go out and celebrate?

September 02, 2006 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

--------------------------------------