+ Recent Posts
+ No more long hair...
+ A more meaningful banner...
+ Time to get a haircut
+ One fine day at The Curve
+ Celcom's Football Mad Nation
+ Forza Azzuri
+ World Cup Dream Team- Ladies Edition
+ Blogger Meet at Sunway Pyramid
+ Diet Coke + Mentos
+ The Power of Imagination

+ Archives
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007

+ Tagboard
-->

+ More About Me
About Mike
My Email: my_precious_o@yahoo.com
My Friendster
My Multiply

+ Friends' Blogs
Hueyyi's Life & Times
Cherie:Hottie Diaries
Destination Dina
Sharon's Happy Corner
Sel's Fairytale
Seng the Saint
The King(ton) of Bites
Alesha's Purple Mysteries
Afi's Burning Motels

+ Bloggers Blogs
Izzie The Writer
Skyler Diver
Ivan's Tale
Chloe the Purple Girly
Angelic Kelz
The Next Kelly Clarkson

+ Popularer Bloggers' Blogs
Kenny Sia
Xiaxue Blog Princess
Mr Brown Town
Mr Miyagi's Very Own Glob
Adam Curuthers
Minishorts
Joel "Rambo" Tan
Jasiminne The Penguin

+ Search This Blog


+ Advertorials

Monday, July 31, 2006 : Romando vs Selatan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike says:
Gah! Exams are around the corner once again... I freaking hate this year. Plus I freaking don't wanna be immune to the exam pressure by the time my O-levels are here.
Motha' pluck the exams la... But as I am barely trying to be a *cough* good boy, I shall study hard and try my very best to ace it. So yeah, sorry readers, but come mid-August I won't be able to update as often... = (


So whadaya know, it's crunch time once again. knnccb...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I've been finding it hard not to be able to post any entries on football.
I mean you get what I mean right? World Cup season is just over and I'm finding it hard to let go of the fever.


For example, I can't stand reading the sports section and there are only three pages of football instead of eight, there's no more Sportscentre during the weekends, I still think Zidane is the greatest footballer on the planet and so on...


So yeah, after a couple of posts laying off the footy, I just can't take it anymore- I'm posting about football once again.
Well, not really. Cuz like the Footy Humour post, this football entry will have the MikeDotOrg touch to it.

Remember during the World Cup season, Nike were airing these football ad videos. Well, one of them was about Portuguese twinkletoe Cristiano Ronaldo competing against Swedish striker Ian Thorpe Zlatan Ibrahimovic.



So one day, Amir and I had this brilliant idea to come up with our very own version of that video.
I mean look at the similarities between us and them, Amir's a tall skilled beanpole just like Zlatan while well, Ronaldo IS my idol...

So yeah, the thought of us making such a ngam video for us seemed like a challenging idea...

The shooting of our version of the video itself was a tough challenge for us...
Because unlike my other stupid videos, we had to follow about 80% of the ad itself and that wasn't easy especially because Amir is more of a fancy-skills footballer and I'm more technical-skills player... well, technically.

So you get it right? It's different to follow up each other.
Put i this way lah, what happens if you put Ian Thorpe, and Kenny Sia in a synchronised swimming competition? Surely hard to swim in synch with each other right? Hor...


Another problem was our dear friends KJ and Seng Yau didn't really dedicate much commitment to help our video and that really wasted alot of energy and time.... but they gave commitment none the less, so I give them credit for that.
The other two dudes, Chiak and Don, didn't cooperate much either so that wasted even more time (the talking and the arguing..geez)

Oh and another problem we faced was Amir just kept laughing whenever he held the cam (you'll see why later).

So without wasting anymore of your precious time, here's our rendition of Ronaldo vs Zlatan: Romando vs Selatan.



I'd like to say that the compilation of the videos were very damn sloppy and I apologise for that.
Oh and before you ask, yes Amir's free kick did hit the lampost but my volley only went through the hole only when the camera wasn't rolling.

And yes, the freestyle sequence section is crap because I can't immitate Amir's tricks and likewise.

Other than that, enjoy the video.
 

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha.....kj n sy looks a bit stupid in the video....

August 03, 2006 6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad, we were forced to do it

we were forced on account of the semangat setiakawan

August 04, 2006 11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...semangat setiakawan..

August 05, 2006 12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i noticed dat sy n kj both oso sliding 2 their right side 1 la........ y ar?

planned 1 ar??

August 05, 2006 1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahjeng, OBVIOUSLY!

August 05, 2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger Kington said...

you tube takes FOREVER to load on my com.....

August 13, 2006 1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We could easily break both his legs >=)

August 13, 2006 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My legs aren't easy to break, man. I'm the man of steel, you know what i'm saying ;)

August 14, 2006 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

--------------------------------------