+ Recent Posts
+ Forza Azzuri
+ World Cup Dream Team- Ladies Edition
+ Blogger Meet at Sunway Pyramid
+ Diet Coke + Mentos
+ The Power of Imagination
+ 5 Nyatoh Memories...
+ For the girls only.
+ Janan & Zoe
+ World Cup: Japan vs Australia
+ A New Look MikeDotOrg

+ Archives
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007

+ Tagboard
-->

+ More About Me
About Mike
My Email: my_precious_o@yahoo.com
My Friendster
My Multiply

+ Friends' Blogs
Hueyyi's Life & Times
Cherie:Hottie Diaries
Destination Dina
Sharon's Happy Corner
Sel's Fairytale
Seng the Saint
The King(ton) of Bites
Alesha's Purple Mysteries
Afi's Burning Motels

+ Bloggers Blogs
Izzie The Writer
Skyler Diver
Ivan's Tale
Chloe the Purple Girly
Angelic Kelz
The Next Kelly Clarkson

+ Popularer Bloggers' Blogs
Kenny Sia
Xiaxue Blog Princess
Mr Brown Town
Mr Miyagi's Very Own Glob
Adam Curuthers
Minishorts
Joel "Rambo" Tan
Jasiminne The Penguin

+ Search This Blog


+ Advertorials

Saturday, July 15, 2006 : Celcom's Football Mad Nation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike says:
Whoa... Juventus got relegated to Serie B2, and so did Lazio and Fiorentina. Luckily for AC Milan, they survived the verdict and stay in Serie A, though they will be docked 15 points.

Oh sweet larh! Now got cheap warehouse sale for players like Buffon, Ibrahimovic, Cannavaro, Camoranesi, Del Piero, Vieira, Emerson, Luca Toni and Thuram.
I do pray all of them go to Arsenal. HAW! >=)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks back, I attended my first Malaysian bloggers' meet, as most of you read.
And like everyone read, my big way of saving money was to take the most unorthodoxed route to Sunway Pyramid...
First walk, then take the free shuttle bus, then the LRT, then the KMT, then another bus...

Upon my arrival at KL Sentral, I noticed this Celcom advertistment...


Truth is, I've seen that before.
Hell, everyone's seen those ads before. They're, like, all over the place...

They're advertised widely on tv and radio.
They're on advertisement boards.


They're on buses, trains and taxis.
They're on huge windows.


They're on newspapers.
They're on gigantic pillars...


But one thing I notice about Celcom is they hardly put in enough effort to make these boards.
I mean for one Juan Sebastian Veron never played under Argentina's coach, Jose Pekerman, and yet he's in The Power of Argentina or Kuasa Argentina.


This promotion for the 2006 World Cup is eye catching but it's definitely not exactly the smartest.
In referance to this country, Football Mad Nation is right.
Unfortunately though, Celcom is not football mad enough to launch this campaign.
I'm not taking a swipe at Celcom though, for they have the most attractive advertisements and products in conjunction with the World Cup season... well, better than Hotlink and Digi anyways.

So anyway, when I saw some of the posters I really started giggling chuckling to myself in the LRT, making people think I was some mental retard taking a ride to the mental institute.

I mean seriously though, check out this one.


Like, WOW, Shearer's the Power of England!!!
So how, may I ask, shall he cause a threat to England's opposition?
Ok, I expect Seng Yau to say something like "Sleep with the the opposing coach and players' wives"
Plus there is also the wonder of steroids and the fountain of youth.

Anyway, compared to Hotlink and Digi's websites, Celcom has the best football-themed one and man, it's one I admire.
I mean check it out...


Speaking of which, notice the Power of France ad up there?
I like the way they design it with all three footballers balancing the silver ball on their head but somehow something's not right.
Zidane looks quite out of place over there, so this is where I come in and help out.


Yes, I'm sure everybody remembers (and will always remember) the infamous headbutt on Materazzi in the finals of the World Cup.

So anyway, I suddenly felt inspired to pay tribute to my wonderful senior class in school again this year, after posting a photo entry on my class.
So I came up with this.

 

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MATERAZZI = ZIDOWN3D1!!111111

July 15, 2006 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok..........france sux

July 15, 2006 11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL... what sleep with the players wive? sleep with reyes or fabregas's mother also can ar...


2 letters describe the last picture


Axe Dee

July 15, 2006 11:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

GEEZE STOP WITH THE FOOTBALL ALREADY!

So lame

July 19, 2006 2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't think there was much football here, Skyler...

Then again.. actually there was =P

July 19, 2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger Cheng Sim said...

you're exactly like this guyfriend of mine. he just can't seem to let the football fever go. just like you. i guess only football-crazy guys would notice the posters all over KL Sentral. i went there last week but i never noticed them. seriously.

July 19, 2006 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

--------------------------------------