+ Recent Posts
+ The Missing Jigsaw Pieces
+ Underworld:Evolution
+ The Mikes
+ The Underground Tunnel in DU-DJ
+ Hairstyles II
+ Double Visions
+ Hectic February Weekend, Part 2: Malaysian Traditi...
+ Hectic February Weekend, Part 1: RSC In-House Tour...
+ How to Lose A Reader in One Post....
+ The Most Eligible Single Girls...

+ Archives
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007

+ Tagboard
-->

+ More About Me
About Mike
My Email: my_precious_o@yahoo.com
My Friendster
My Multiply

+ Friends' Blogs
Hueyyi's Life & Times
Cherie:Hottie Diaries
Destination Dina
Sharon's Happy Corner
Sel's Fairytale
Seng the Saint
The King(ton) of Bites
Alesha's Purple Mysteries
Afi's Burning Motels

+ Bloggers Blogs
Izzie The Writer
Skyler Diver
Ivan's Tale
Chloe the Purple Girly
Angelic Kelz
The Next Kelly Clarkson

+ Popularer Bloggers' Blogs
Kenny Sia
Xiaxue Blog Princess
Mr Brown Town
Mr Miyagi's Very Own Glob
Adam Curuthers
Minishorts
Joel "Rambo" Tan
Jasiminne The Penguin

+ Search This Blog


+ Advertorials

Saturday, March 25, 2006 : SMK Damansara Utama vs SMK Bandar Utama
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike says:
I initially wanted to fit this entry into this little 'Mike says' segment but it was long enough to become a post all by itself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having a bad day = (
Today was my school football team's first friendly game of the year.



Surprisingly I was in the starting XI of the U-18 squad against SMKBU...
The starting line up was in a 4-3-3 formation and I was leading striker.


SMKDU U-18 XI: Roughly how the coach's notes was like...


The U-15 squad played their game against their SMKBU counterparts first where they lost 2-0, both goals coming from the second half.
Then came our game against the U-18.


I played a moderately nice game where I won a freekick on the line, in front of goal and had a header from Amir's corner saved off the line by a suspected handled ball. Other than that, I guess I gave the defender who was marking me a good torment.

The game ended with a 2-0 loss, one in the first half the other in the second.
The second half squad was completely different from the first though.

Immediately, the next game started.
It was the U-15's rematch. This time though, they won 1-0.


Encouraged by their win, we headed into the game with the same squad as the last game's first half starting XI. We took the lead this time in the first or second minute after Shafiq J delivered a perfect ball for Shaun to beautifully chip over the keeper.

Pittifully I was tired this half and was being man marked by two defenders this time. knnccb...
If one defender wasn't enough, two was definitely a handful... and these aren't the type of defenders that once beaten are too slow to catch up with you.
These are the type that are fast enough to chase you down like a dog and can really use their body weight like a rhinno (which was the reason how I won the free kick in the first half anyway =P)

"Hey, 2 on 1! No fair!"


So I was subbed off and that ended my game.

Later, the coach goes on and tells me I'm not in the squad to compete in the MSSD competition just because of one bloody half!
From starting striker to reserve junkie! OMFG! I feel like a loser >= (
.
.
.
.
Ah well, I'm not particularly that bitter anyway...
I mean I did manage to gain the respect of my team mates and in my opinion, the coach made the wrong decision kicking me out cuz the replacement's not exactly that much better than I anyway...

Ah well, what's done is done.. now I would like to see if the team can make it as far as last year's squad who won the competition.
Pity though, I can't be right there with them cheering them on as the entire district competes to be the most feared team to go into state level.
 

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhhhh still not a footie fan actually

but i can feel your pain for being let off the team though

March 25, 2006 3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww sorry man,
Well I can't say better luck next time
Maybe try your luck with the "tok kok sing song" team of DU? SURE WIN ONE!!

March 25, 2006 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shhh... I still can be Johan U-18 Blogging Peringkat antarabangsa k?

Dont curse me like that bastard Brendan cursed the U-15 team in the first game XD...

March 25, 2006 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for cheering me up, guys...

March 31, 2006 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh heard de announcement on thursday anot.....PEMAIN TERPILIH SAHAJA PERLU DATANG PADA HARI SABTU.....meaning.......CHOSENNNNNN ONES ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!N UR NOT ONE CHOSEEENNNNNNNN/TERPILIIIIIHHH!!!!!!!!!

April 01, 2006 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

--------------------------------------