+ Recent Posts
+ Double Visions
+ Hectic February Weekend, Part 2: Malaysian Traditi...
+ Hectic February Weekend, Part 1: RSC In-House Tour...
+ How to Lose A Reader in One Post....
+ The Most Eligible Single Girls...
+ The Week Before 'Malaysian Tradition Awareness Day'
+ The KL Trip
+ Chinese New Year: The Eve of Chor Yatt and Chor Yatt
+ Gong Hei Fatt Choi
+ Hairstyles

+ Archives
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007

+ Tagboard
-->

+ More About Me
About Mike
My Email: my_precious_o@yahoo.com
My Friendster
My Multiply

+ Friends' Blogs
Hueyyi's Life & Times
Cherie:Hottie Diaries
Destination Dina
Sharon's Happy Corner
Sel's Fairytale
Seng the Saint
The King(ton) of Bites
Alesha's Purple Mysteries
Afi's Burning Motels

+ Bloggers Blogs
Izzie The Writer
Skyler Diver
Ivan's Tale
Chloe the Purple Girly
Angelic Kelz
The Next Kelly Clarkson

+ Popularer Bloggers' Blogs
Kenny Sia
Xiaxue Blog Princess
Mr Brown Town
Mr Miyagi's Very Own Glob
Adam Curuthers
Minishorts
Joel "Rambo" Tan
Jasiminne The Penguin

+ Search This Blog


+ Advertorials

Friday, March 03, 2006 : Hairstyles II
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike says:
Aw bloody hell, my favourite red Nike Mercurial Talaria II boots tore when training with the school team on Thursday =(. Those were my lucky pair and now they're gone.
And with the exams next week, it happens to be just my luck. Nabeh.
And by the way, this will be a long blog post...
Special thanks to my ex-girlfriend, Sel, who helped me photoshop the final pic. Looks really pro to me...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the long awaited sequel to the popular, and not to mention infamous, hairstyles blog entry in January.
Since then, my frequent change of hairstyle had been drastic.

Usually, I would change my hairstyle once every three or four months or so. But from the end of January until the end of Chinese New Year, I've had three different hairstyles already.

Before I display all three, let me just tell you guys that once I've already experimented with most of the common hairstyles known to mankind, it's hard to be original or repeat the hairstyles.

So without further ado, here are the three hairstyles I had within a period of three weeks.

Messy Side-parted Hairstyle

After each bath, I dry my hair with a towel, push it to the right and walk out. That's how simple it is.


Rocker Hairstyle

I tried not to copy Jay Chou or Gerard Way again and came to a cross between both AND Ashton Kutcher.


Mohawk Hairstyle

Styled differently from the previous mohawk. This one's a dryer look.


Fast forward a month later and I've changed my hairstyle again. This time I took the inspiration from a character from a TV show I frequently download tune in to (piracy sucks, btw).
What other better teen show to watch other than One Tree Hill?
I mean it revolves around basketball and the messed up lives of 6 people. Kinda like Friends, only minus the comedy and plus the basketball. FYI, I'm a big fan of basketball, I just can't play.
Anyway, sorry I digress.

I took my hairstyle idea from the character who gets the most airtime, Lucas Scott (played by Chad Michael Murray. Cue: Screaming teenage girls)



That's his hair, and this is mine.

Most popular dude in class, most chronic dude in class and the most respected girl in class...


I know it doesn't look 100% alike but I kinda like it.
So, four hairstyles in one and a half months (three of which came in three weeks). People keep telling me that I should settle for a permanent hairstyle but I am yet to find a suitable style although this one's particularly caught my attention.

Why don't you guys tell me what you think?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Moving on to another topic, I've recieved many replies from you readers out there to what wild hairstyle I should try out next. So I went on to do my research and rounded it down to the best hairstyles suggestions and how I'd get them, in order.

That was the easy part, I then took the time I was supposed to use on studying and photoshopped my face onto those hairstyles and I found the result satisfying.
I did notice a couple of things while I was photoshopping my faces onto these hairstyles:
1. My photoshopping skills are bad. Period. End of Story. No More Talk.
2. It's not easy to find a picture of a particular hairstyle with the same size and angle as the picture of my face.
3. So this is how come there are so many nude pictures of Keira Knightley online.

Anyway, I thought I'd copy American Idol IV Runner-Up Bo Bice's long rocker hairstyle.




And this is what I came up with.



I know the hair is brown but my hair colour DID change because of the result of my perm, remember?

Then after that, I would plan to cut my hair a bit shorter and do what Seng Yau keeps bugging me to try and follow Travis Barker's (the drummer Blink 182) hairstyle.

Yes, it is a long and ambitious mohican... and so I tried to follow suit.



It's not as satisfying knowing that my head is mostly shaven off except for the middle part.
Then after my hair grows back to normal, I thought I'd do an Alan Smith...



...and bleach my hair, J-STYLE!!!



Oh my God. I don't know which part I feel about that pic is weirder- the colour of my hair or the fact that I'm proudly wearing a Man Utd jersey without throwing up.

After that, if my friends haven't left me, if I'm not kicked out of college or school, if my girlfriend doesn't dump me and if I still have access to the internet after being kicked out of the house, I'd go and get my hair braided into cornrows... while it's still bleached!



Anyways, blonde or black, long or short, I'm keeping my dreams realistic. The second half of this post was just for fun and I'm not making any promises.
But although I don't plan to copy the hairstyles I just wrote about for now, you will never know if I eventually change my mind will you?

Today you may see me in my Chad-Michael-Murray-Hairstyle, but tomorrow you may see me with long flowing blonde hair.
God I hope not...

 

11 Comments:

Blogger Fauxhawk said...

Mohican Mohican Mohican Mohican


best choice of hairstyle!

March 03, 2006 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ome awesome!!!i love the bo bice one!!!

March 04, 2006 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

XD Do the cornrows HAHAH XD

March 04, 2006 7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEM The pic of you with the long hair memang lawak XD

March 04, 2006 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL.. Omg.. My photoshopping skills suck.. ><"

March 05, 2006 4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happen to think your photoshopping skills are good.

They're better than mine, therefore they are good.

March 05, 2006 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-_-

dude theres hair curlingly scary toe curlingly scary but u just made genital curlingly scary happen

March 06, 2006 4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, Kington... I know what you mean.

Especially the Bo Bice one, lmao

March 07, 2006 7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, once again my hair post happens to be the most exciting one.

Thanks for the compliments and criticism. See you guys on the other post.

March 10, 2006 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u are darn vain man... omg.. :s

March 12, 2006 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now where have i heard that before?

March 12, 2006 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

--------------------------------------