+ Recent Posts
+ Hectic February Weekend, Part 1: RSC In-House Tour...
+ How to Lose A Reader in One Post....
+ The Most Eligible Single Girls...
+ The Week Before 'Malaysian Tradition Awareness Day'
+ The KL Trip
+ Chinese New Year: The Eve of Chor Yatt and Chor Yatt
+ Gong Hei Fatt Choi
+ Hairstyles
+ Fall Of Justice
+ Slow week

+ Archives
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007

+ Tagboard
-->

+ More About Me
About Mike
My Email: my_precious_o@yahoo.com
My Friendster
My Multiply

+ Friends' Blogs
Hueyyi's Life & Times
Cherie:Hottie Diaries
Destination Dina
Sharon's Happy Corner
Sel's Fairytale
Seng the Saint
The King(ton) of Bites
Alesha's Purple Mysteries
Afi's Burning Motels

+ Bloggers Blogs
Izzie The Writer
Skyler Diver
Ivan's Tale
Chloe the Purple Girly
Angelic Kelz
The Next Kelly Clarkson

+ Popularer Bloggers' Blogs
Kenny Sia
Xiaxue Blog Princess
Mr Brown Town
Mr Miyagi's Very Own Glob
Adam Curuthers
Minishorts
Joel "Rambo" Tan
Jasiminne The Penguin

+ Search This Blog


+ Advertorials

Thursday, February 23, 2006 : Hectic February Weekend, Part 2: Malaysian Traditions Awareness Day
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike says:
Omg! I just scored one of the nicest goals ever on Thursday.. It was during school's PE period, and I took a loose ball on the half volley with my outside foot a couple of yards out from goal and it swerved beautifully towards the top corner. Totally unsavable. In my opinion, it bares a replicable resemblance to
Michael Ballack's goal against AC Milan in the Champions League match just the day before. Man, am I proud of it.
FYI, most of the goals I score are from tap-ins and solo runs so this trully is something special for me....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Before I begin, I would like all of you to know that this entry lacks pictures but I promise to post them up in another entry as soon as I get them. Promise.
Get ready for another long and excrutiating entry...

This is the day I've been looking forward to. The damn day itself that gave me headaches and made me lose sleep just so I could entertain a hundred people for that one day. Just one day after my team's excrutiating ownage in the RSC In-House Tourney, I had to model, perform a Malay wedding and manage the games at the Malaysian Traditions Awareness Day.

So Saturday had passed and Sunday began. For the second time that week, I was forced to wake up at 6 on a weekend morning. I dragged my lazy ass out of bed, washed up and struggled to put on my clothes. After finally snapping out of my groggy, sleepy, half-dead state, I realised that it wasn't a school day and I was wearing my school uniform...

knnccb...

After that mess, I ran downstairs, packed my bag and phoned the taxi to pick me up from my place. After that taxi had come, I jumped in and went to Chiak's place first to pick him up. Next stop, KDU.

We reached at approximately 7.20, late by 20 minutes then got screwed for 10 minutes. By then, we were struggling to set up the games. The sugar paper wasn't enough to make a hopscotch floor and the bamboos aquired were too big to do the alu-alu dance. I guess we had to scrap that and move on to the next games.

We only got one set of batu seremban, one gasing and one congkak board. The marbles were all over the place. The bottle caps were far too big to timbang. Furthermore, three out of seven games stall managers couldn't make it. It then hit me that the games were doomed to failure and poor ol' Seng Yau had come for nothing.

We proceeded to practice for the Malay Wedding , where I dressed like a complete idiot ROYALTY. Luckily though, Chiak couldn't escape dressing similarly.

Here are some photos we took of us in our costumes.


Chiak and I acting 'hip' with our costumes.

The bride's maid and the best man.

Our Prime Minister has a vision. A vision for the country. A vision that will be achieved by the year 2020... bla bla bla

Nothing shows the bond better between the king and his PM.

From there, we moved on to the final full-dress rehearsal, the fashion show.

The time was now 10 o' clock and the rehearsal was over. Chiak and I took a peek outside and saw at least a few dozen people waiting to enter. This was not good as people were going to see us dressed stupidly. No worries though, we were inside and at least we wouldn't have to stand any name-calling because of our costumes. Right?

"The people taking part in all three wedding performances please gather outside now!" boomed Nikki, the Leo Club president.

Like, damn... here come the teasing.

"Wah! Duli Yang Maha Mulia Seri Paduka Yang Dipertuan Agong Tun Sri Michael Tan!"
"Ampun Tuanku!"
"Where's the Puteri Gunung Ledang?"
"Sultan Selangor and his Perdana Menteri!"
"Political themed performace?"

Half an hour later, the people were ushered inside. Thank God for that.

The first event was a Hindustan Tamil sexy Bollywood dance performed by a troupe lead by the one and only Han Mei.
After that came the wedding performances. First up was the Indian wedding staring no other than my ex, then came the Chinese wedding and finally the Malay wedding.

Everyone was ready to enter, myself, my bride Sen Ming, Chiak, Sabrina, the kompang group and some extras.
We entered to the dozens of people staring and damnit, I knew this would've been the longest walk of my life. Well, at least I had the comfort of having my best friend as my best man fanning me and playing kuli to me as I walked towards the stage.

We reached the stage and Sen Ming, Sabrina, Chiak and I ascended up onto the stage towards two chairs for Sen Ming and I to sit our asses down and stare cock at the hundred people staring cock back at us , uh... sit down and chill.
To complete our performance, two VIPs took stage to 'bless the wedding' and pronounce us husband and wife.

After that, the four of us went backstage where Chiak and I ran for the changing room to change our clothes. I couldn't possibly wear my Sultan costume for the fashion show so I changed my clothes to a blue Malay traditional outfit provided by Sabrina, that needed Chiak's clothes' golden buttons and his songkok.

The next events came quick as lightning. There was the Malay traditional dance, then the Sarawakian bamboo dance performance, then the Wushu martial-arts demonstration.
Next thing I knew, I was waiting for my queue to walk the catwalk in my Malay costume.

After that, I didn't stick along any longer for the next events because nature was calling and walked out of the hall.
Btw, nature was calling me from my stomache and not my bladder.

Me and Seng Yau recieved a lift from my cousin, Sharon, who was there, to McDonalds in Uptown to meet up with some other friends for lunch. And that's how the event ended for me.

After that, we walked back to KDU to find that there were people packed at every single store except the games stalls. I was initially supposed to stay at KDU for the whole day but the games were a failure so there was no more reason for me to stay. So then I decided to follow Chiak and his classmates to Atria leaving the whole Malaysian Tradition's Awareness Day event behind.

I guess I'm kindda relieved the games ended up as a failure because if not, I would be pulling my hair out from my armpits instead of chilling and lepaking with my friends at Atria.



So at the end of it all, it was pretty much an eventful day. All that stress was for nothing.
 

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

-_- my congkak still missing tau

i never got to see my effort in action + i'm not even from DU + in 1 day i walked to KDU twice

quit complaining man coz sometimes life just does the fellatio

February 24, 2006 11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm not complaining. I'm ranting.

February 25, 2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger Fauxhawk said...

ha? wat happened to the congkak?

February 25, 2006 4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chin Wei took it home... and i haven't seen her in school the whole week. She must be hiding from me...

February 25, 2006 4:51 PM  
Blogger Fauxhawk said...

who's chin wei? XD

February 26, 2006 12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gimme back my congkak or it's buttseckz

February 26, 2006 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

--------------------------------------