+ Recent Posts
+ How to Lose A Reader in One Post....
+ The Most Eligible Single Girls...
+ The Week Before 'Malaysian Tradition Awareness Day'
+ The KL Trip
+ Chinese New Year: The Eve of Chor Yatt and Chor Yatt
+ Gong Hei Fatt Choi
+ Hairstyles
+ Fall Of Justice
+ Slow week
+ Football = Dangerous

+ Archives
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007

+ Tagboard
-->

+ More About Me
About Mike
My Email: my_precious_o@yahoo.com
My Friendster
My Multiply

+ Friends' Blogs
Hueyyi's Life & Times
Cherie:Hottie Diaries
Destination Dina
Sharon's Happy Corner
Sel's Fairytale
Seng the Saint
The King(ton) of Bites
Alesha's Purple Mysteries
Afi's Burning Motels

+ Bloggers Blogs
Izzie The Writer
Skyler Diver
Ivan's Tale
Chloe the Purple Girly
Angelic Kelz
The Next Kelly Clarkson

+ Popularer Bloggers' Blogs
Kenny Sia
Xiaxue Blog Princess
Mr Brown Town
Mr Miyagi's Very Own Glob
Adam Curuthers
Minishorts
Joel "Rambo" Tan
Jasiminne The Penguin

+ Search This Blog


+ Advertorials

Sunday, February 19, 2006 : Hectic February Weekend, Part 1: RSC In-House Tournament
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike says:
This is gonna be the first part of two REALLY long posts so I suggest you fix yourself one hot cup of coffee before settling down to read this blog entry. The next one would come on Friday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Ok before I start on the RSC 7-a-side tournament, I gotta let you know that I was too lazy to carry around my camera forgot to bring my camera. So the pictures I'm putting here are either pre-taken photos or photos taken courtesy of RSC.

Let's take a walk through time, to December 2002.
It's the first RSC In-House Tournament held. The U-14 teams, named after La Liga clubs were a bit biased. For one, there were teams that were packed with good players, like Barcelona, Valencia and Real Sociedad.
Then there were teams that were packed with no good players at all like Deportivo and Real Madrid.


Yes, I was the keeper....


I was grouped in Real Sociedad together with the speedy winger with a powerful finish- Bryan (kneeling row, 2nd from left), the creative playmaker with the best passing ability- Zahir (standing row, far right), the quickest striker with the coolest finishing- Vimal (kneeling row, fourth from right) and the all-round maestro- Ravind (kneeling row, 2nd from right).
We went into this competition as one of the three favourites to win, with our heads hanging high, our noses in the air and our balls hanging loosely...

Well, I think it's safe to say that we were overconfident and ended up having our balls cut off, losing our first game 1-0 to Real Madrid thanks to my goalkeeping blunder. Then we went on to lose 4-0 against Barcelona, then 0-0 against Depor. In the end we won 3-1 against Valencia thanks to an inspired Bryan (who scored a hattrick), but the inspiration came too late.

We came in as favourites and went out as turkeys..




Fast forward 13 months, it's January 2005.
This time, I was involved in the U-19 category, named after EPL teams.
Once again, the teams were bias and once again I was in the 'favourite' team, Arsenal.



Since I was the Arsenal fan, I insisted on holding the sign...


This time around, we had the big ang moh guy- Daniel (standing row, fourth from left), the other big ang moh guy- Alex (standing row, fifth from left), the best all-rounded defender- Gary (kneeling row, second from left), the RSC senior team's last man- Ben (standing row, third from right) and Australia's Malaysian keeper- Jason (kneeling row, middle).
Once again, we went into this competition as favourites. Once again, our big men had trouble scoring goals, with one goal in 3 games, and once again we go knocked out, but this time without even a W.
Every single one of us went home thinking what the hell just happened; it's as if we just got drugged and got butt-fucked all night long.

Cheers though, to Chelsea who came in as the weakest side but ended up as champions.


Back to the present, 13 months after the 2nd RSC In-House Tourney.
This would've been my last time playing in RSC because of the SPM examination at the end of the year, and my second time playing the U-19 category, this time with Chelsea.



Although grouped with the senior team's best player- JB, the U-19's best shot taker- Anwar and trickster extraordinaire- Arthur, there were no favourites this time.
Anyway, since I had already stopped RSC and was here to support my teammates, I didn't expect to play much.

The first game kicked off. It was Arsenal vs Chelsea. We came back from a goal down to make it 2-2 at half time. Early in the second half, we conceded a third, making it 3-2. I came in with 5 minutes left on the clock and at this rate, with our possession, it actually seemed that we were the dominant team. Eventually the inevidable happened, we got a penalty.

This was to be the last kick of the game and who else to take it but JB. What's the worst that could happen, right? Arsenal's keeper wasn't present that day so they couldn't possibly stop JB's penalty.
So he stepped up, took it and had it saved by Kavilan!

LIKE WTF!!! OMFG! KNN! CCB! BBQ!!!

KAVILAN! A player known to be fast, good in the air and good with his finish but NOT WITH HIS GOALKEEPING, saved JB's penalty.

The game ended 3-2.

The next game was between Man Utd and Liverpool. I do not wish to go into any specifics, except that Akbar, RSC's senior team 'keeper, couldn't stop Liverpool from rampaging into a 7-3 lead. Man Utd, did however, pull 3 goals back.

Our next game was against Liverpool.
Like...
Holy...
Shit!!!

Furthermore, to have any hope of playing the finals, we had to win this one.
Sounds like pressure to me...

So the game kicked off and we took the lead through JB.
I didn't play, of course, so while waiting on the lines, thoughts like "Hey, I CAN make it this year..." kept running through my mind...
That was where I was wrong, as always.
They ran rampage and scored 5 bloody goals past us!!!

We scored another 2 goals but with 3 minutes left on the clock, I highly doubted we could score twice to salvage any last bit of hope we had left of reaching the finals.
I came in for JB at that time, during a corner, and the ball went straight at me but it took a deflection off Adnan and reached Arthur, who passed it to Adrian who crossed for Sheagan (pronounced Show-ghen) to tuck in. 5-4.
Unfortunately, we couldn't score one more, meaning our next game against Man Utd was just for saving face.

I came on when the game was held at 2-2.
In this game, I managed to get slightly more game time and got my 5 minutes of glory when I collected a lofted ball from JB, held off Ranil while bringing the ball down, rounded off Akbar and tucked blasted SMASHED the ball into the net (V.Nistelrooy / Drogba / Eto'o / C. Ronaldo style) to make it 3-2.

Damn! It felt good to finally score in the competition. I reeled off in delight and slid on both knees in the middle of the field.

My trademark goal celebration, "NESCAFE!!!"


But as I mentioned, the glory only lasted for 5 minutes and JB soon started yelling at me for not passing the ball. I was eventually subbed off and we conceded 2 goals to lose 4-3. Altogether, out of 160 minutes in total of game time, I think I only played about half an hour to 45 minutes, but as I mentioned earlier I didn't expect to play much.

In the end, as expected, Liverpool went on to win the U-19 category and lift the cup.
Congrats to them.
For the third time, the team I played for went home without reachng the finals...
At least the scoring duct had been broken and at least my goal drought in the tourney had been ended.
Other than that, I think it's safe to say that we got owned... big time...

Damn right, Obi Wan!

 

4 Comments:

Blogger Fauxhawk said...

this isn't long, long is a speech by Norshame

February 19, 2006 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT'S DAHM LOONG LARH

it's a long way to say "we got pwned"

February 23, 2006 2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and this is one part of aone helluva stressed weekend. second part coming soon.

February 23, 2006 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I love your website it fills me with anticipation to see the way you describe things. Please carry on posting this wonderful staff on your web site, as I love it.

Regards,
start online business

April 02, 2006 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

--------------------------------------